Notice of Shanghai Municipal People’s Government on Printing and Distributing the “Provisions of Shanghai Municipality on Agglomerating Financial Resources, Intensifying Financial Services, and Facilitating the Finance Industry Development”
SMPG G  No.40
Attention: all District and County People’s Governments, and all relevant Commissions, Offices and Bureaus (Administrations) of Shanghai Municipal People’s Government:
We hereby print and distribute the “Provisions of Shanghai Municipality on Agglomerating Financial Resources, Intensifying Financial Services, and Facilitating the Finance Industry Development” to you and request you to implement them conscientiously.
Provisions of Shanghai Municipality on Agglomerating Financial
Resources, Intensifying Financial Services, and Facilitating
the Finance Industry Development
Article 1 (Purpose and Basis)
With a view to implementing the “Suggestions of the State Council on Facilitating Shanghai in Accelerating the Development of Modern Service Industry and Advanced Manufacturing Industry to Build an International Finance Center and International Shipping Center”, accelerating the construction of Shanghai International Finance Center, optimizing the financial development environment of Shanghai, gathering financial talents and financial institutions, encouraging financial innovation, and further enhancing the capacity of Shanghai International Finance Center in serving both domestic and overseas markets, these Provisions are formulated on the basis of the “Regulations of Shanghai Municipality on Promoting the Construction of International Finance Center”.
Article 2 (Liability Departments)
The municipal office of finance and the municipal finance bureau shall, jointly with relevant departments, be responsible for the affirmation of financial institutions and financial talents, and coordinate with relevant departments in the implementation of these Provisions.
Article 3 (Incentives and Services to Talents)
1. According to the requirements of building up financial talent ranks with international competitiveness, the Municipal People’s Government shall give rewards to financial talents who have made distinguished contributions to the construction of Shanghai International Finance Center.
2. To support financial institutions in this Municipality in introducing financial talents they need, relevant municipal departments shall provide convenience for financial talents to go through permanent residence registration and temporary residence permit as well as continuing social insurance in this Municipality.
3. Relevant municipal departments and district people’s governments at the locality of major financial clusters shall provide convenient measures and good services for financial talents’ medical security and their children’s schooling.
4. District people’s government at the locality of major financial clusters in this Municipality shall intensify the construction of apartments for financial talents, and provide house leasing service for financial talents engaged by financial institutions.
5. Establish training bases for financial talents. Make full use of financial education resources in this Municipality, actively providing professional education and training for all kinds of financial institutions and their employees. Appropriate support may be given, upon approval by the Municipal People’s Government, to the training centers established in this Municipality by the national department of financial supervision and administration.
Article 4 (Support for Institutions)
1. A lump sum of start-up support funds shall be granted to every branch of foreign-funded financial institutions that was registered in or relocated to this Municipality after being transformed to a foreign-funded incorporated financial institution.
2. A lump sum of support funds shall be granted to the head office of a financial institution newly registered and established in or moved into this Municipality apart from the above-mentioned foreign-funded incorporated financial institutions, and, within 5 years after their establishment or moving-in, an integrated check-up shall be made on every item of indexes including business performance, market proportion, trade status, asset quality and employment, and special support funds be given to those who have made distinguished achievements. Various operation centers of large financial institutions with business license that were newly registered and established in or moved into this Municipality may take reference from such provisions.
3. The abovementioned two kinds of financial institutions that purchase office houses for their own use within 5 years after their establishment or moving-in shall have the real-estate transaction fees half reduced and a local subsidy of 50 percent of payable deed tax granted.
4. Special policies shall be applied, upon approval by the Municipal People’s Government, to financial factors markets and financial institutions that play an important role in improving the financial market system, the financial institution system and the financial development environment, and to entities that have made distinguished contributions to the construction of Shanghai International Finance Center.
Article 5 (Rewards for Innovation)
A Prize for Financial Innovation shall be established to encourage Shanghai-based financial factors markets and financial institutions of all kinds and other relevant financial entities to make financial innovation in fields of financial products, technologies, services, management and organization form. This Municipality shall reward the outstanding financial innovation projects. The detailed implementation rules shall be separately formulated by the municipal office of finance and the municipal finance bureau, jointly with relevant financial management departments.
Article 6 (Regional Layout)
The regional layout of finance industry development in this Municipality shall be the Lujiazui finance town and the Bund financial conglomeration belt at the core, with proper extension and spread to neighboring areas, and with effective convergence of national-level financial factors markets and headquarters of financial institutions as well as regional headquarters of international financial institutions; in downtown area, emphasis shall be given to attracting newly emerging financial institutions, equity investment agencies, and professional financial intermediaries; in areas such as Zhangjiang Financial Information Services Industry Base, Waigaoqiao Bonded Zone, Zhoupu Information Industry Park for China Telecom and Caohejing High-Tech Park, emphasis shall be given to attracting financial back-stage services and financial outsourcing services; and in Yangshan Bonded Port Area, off-shore finance and shipping finance shall be developed actively.
The municipal office of finance, the municipal development and reform commission, the municipal planning and land resources bureau and the municipal housing guarantee and houses administration shall, jointly with the relevant district people’s government of the above-mentioned areas, study and work out detailed planning of regional development according to the general urban planning and land-use of this Municipality to promote the reasonable layout of financial development space in this Municipality and provide services for financial institutions in terms of construction-use land.
Article 7 (Administrative Services)
The municipal office of finance, the municipal industry and commercial administration, the municipal local taxation bureau, the municipal quality and technique supervision administration, and the municipal transportation and harbor administration shall establish an efficient working mechanism to provide convenient services for financial institutions to go through relevant registration, annual examination and vehicle purchasing, so as to enhance the efficiency of work.
Article 8 (Fund Source and Management)
The “Shanghai Financial Development Funds” established by this Municipality shall be shouldered separately by the municipal and district public finance, and be specially arranged for the above-mentioned rewards and support. The municipal financial office and the municipal finance bureau shall, according to the relevant requirements on the management of special fiscal funds, reinforce the standard management of the “Shanghai Financial Development Funds”. The municipal auditing bureau shall, according to relevant laws and regulations, strengthen the supervision and examination of budget fulfillment and use of the “Shanghai Financial Development Funds”.
Article 9 (Supplementary Provision)
In the event of any inconsistency between the relevant policy-related suggestions formulated in the past and these Provisions, these Provisions shall prevail.